Thursday, July 06, 2006

Alien vs. Marvel's "Alias"

For about a year and a half now, I'm been a regular contributor to Thirdrail Design Lab's forum. Each week, Thirdrail has a "This Week" art jam where members can draw and submit their versions of a particular character from comics, animation, manga and just about anything else. The choices are all random and we never know what character might pop up every Sunday. One week, it may be Spider-man. The next week, it may be Betty and Veronica from Archie comics.

In any case, I've been doing my little ode to Fred Hembeck with my "This Week" submissions. For those of you that are unfamiliar with Fred Hembeck's work, Fred has a Garfield-like style and is famous for making cartoons of the comic book industry.

Recently, I've taken a look at my files and was amazed at exactly how many "This Week" submissions I have contributed. So much so that I've debated whether creating a new web site completed devoted to just my cartoons might be in order. My CSFGraphics site might be a bit too largeor far too inclusive of EVERYTHING I do. I'm thinking that I should break down the two sites so that my CSFGraphics site won't have so much artwork in it. I think CSFGraphics is so big, my cartoons and illustrations sometimes get lost in it.

But I digress. Back to "This Week"...

Below is my cartoon representation of the Marvel comic book, "Alias".




You might recognize a certain sci-fi creature in this submission. I always try to come up with some odd or weird twist to these "This Week" submissions. I thought this one was pretty successful.

-Chris

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 

web site hit counters
Wine.com Promotions