Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Junior League does it again (siiiiigh)...

Well, what can you say? Another heartbreaking loss for the senior league in last night's All-star game. Brought back memories of two years or so ago when the National League had their best closer on the mound at the time - Eric Gagne - and he ended up blowing a save opportunity. I know a lot of people probably enjoy a higher scoring all-star game but last night was an enjoyable game to watch - despite the final results, of course. LOL!

At the same time though, it also proved to be exactly why I tend to dislike the American League so much. Last night proved exactly how meaningless the DH is - or, at least, how meaningless it SHOULD be. Big Pappi DH's because, apparently, he can't play defense yet he made a couple of outstanding fielding plays last night and, obviously, he played first base when the Red Sox beat the Cardinals in the World Series two years ago so why does he HAVE to be a DH? That's the thing I hate about the American League - and, with the American league winning the All-star game last night, the DH is going to again play a major advantage in the World Series this year since the American League will have, potentially, more games at home then the visiting National League team.

The nice thing is that the National League certainly has some exciting young players that made the game enjoyable to watch. Just sorry to see Nomar didn't get a chance to play... but that's the negative aspect about "making the game count". Garner had to make sure he had to have some reserves on the bench in case the National League tied the game in the ninth. I'm almost positive Nomar would have played in the 10 inning had the national League scored in their last at bat. I still say, in baseball, if 9 men play the field, those same 9 should bat. Ah well... maybe next year.

Okay... on to the art. I have three new postings today. Two caricatures and a submission to thirdrail's "This Week" art jam. First the caricatures.



This is "Neo Noaide" from the Drawing Board web site (caricature section). Many of the caricaturists there are posting pictures of themselves and letting other caricaturists draw them. I still have to post my photos and see what everyone does of me. Hopefully, I'll get to that this weekend.



From the Drawing Board again... this is for a Caricaturing jam session featuring Uma Thurman as the subject model. Uma's a hard celebrity to draw. As I posted on the forum, I like individual parts of her caricature but put altogether... I'm not sure I "captured her" as well as I have other celebrities. Hopefully, people will "get" the "Hawke" reference. :-)



This is the submission for Thirdrail's art jam for this week. The subject matter is "Tigra" - a Marvel character that is, essentially, a humanoid cat. I don't know if Wonderman (pictured above) and Tigra were ever an "item" in comic book land, but I've never drawn Wonderman before and thought this might be humorous (for a variety of reasons). }:-)

-Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 

web site hit counters
Wine.com Promotions